Sunday, September 11, 2011

Colts at Texans

           If the first game of the 2011 season is used as a measuring stick for the rest of the season, then it's going to be a complete disaster in every way. The Houston Texans shut down everything the Colts offense even attempted to do. Then the Texans did anything they wanted to do against the Colts defense. That was just the first half. I didn’t even watch the second half of the game. By halftime the score was 34-0. Colts quarterback, Kerry Collins, fumbled the ball several times, got sacked even more, and threw horrible pass after horrible pass. The offensive line was atrocious. The defense looked like a high school team trying to tackle grown men.
            
             There isn’t a lot to say after a loss like today. The future of Colts football looks very bleak. Maybe I’m overreacting. Maybe the Colts will look at what went wrong and fix it in time for a very winnable game against the Cleveland Browns at home next week. If the Colts can come out and show that they want to win then I will have hope. Until then they are one of the worst teams in the NFL.
             
            I’m not even wasting my time doing my “what I liked/what I didn’t like section” because it’s pretty simple on what I liked and did not like. I liked that the game finally ended. I didn’t like anything about the Colts.
            
            Congrats to the Texans though. Their defensive line was spectacular. Their offense was close to perfection. They are not a bad team and will be a Super Bowl Contender.

            
            It’s a tough time covering football in Indiana. The Colts look done with Peyton Manning. Notre Dame and IU are both 0-2. Purdue lost to Rice and barely beat Middle Tennessee State. Ball State’s only victory came against IU. Combined, the four Division-1 collegiate teams are 2-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment