Saturday, July 9, 2011

Coaching in Little League

            I’ve been involved with Little League Baseball my entire life. I started with t-ball and played until I was 13. I started coaching with my dad when I was 15 and have done that ever since. I love being able to help kids better their baseball skills, and I feel like I give several kids a positive role model that may otherwise not have. I’ll be the first to admit that I am not the best baseball player, but I do know the basics of the sport and can hold my own on the field.
            
            This past spring I coached my brother’s baseball team with my dad and another dad from the team. We finished the season 8-2-1, the 4th best record of about 12 teams in our district, and the best record of the three teams from Eagledale Little League. We had a team compiled of really good players, and some really not so good players. In fact, a few of them were pretty horrible at baseball, but we were able to work with them.  By the end of the season we had a great team with a bunch of great players.


A really blurry team photo



           
          

No comments:

Post a Comment