Monday, January 23, 2012

Super Bowl Matchup

The matchup for the 46th Super Bowl has been set. The two teams meeting in Indianapolis in 13 days will be the New England Patriots and New York Giants. The Patriots had to scrape and fight to beat the Baltimore Ravens, and the Giants had to do the same against the 49ers. The game will be a rematch of the epic Super Bowl game played in 2007 when the Giants won and ruined the Patriots’ perfect season.
            
Now that the fluff is out of the way, I can tell you that NOBODY in Indianapolis is excited to have the Patriots come here. Out of the 32 teams in the NFL, they are easily the least favorite in the Hoosier State. It makes me sick knowing that I will not only have to share my city with Bostonians, but share my whole Super Bowl experience. It’s even more disgusting that the Patriots will be practicing at the Colts’ facility just down the road from me, and they’ll be using the Colts’ locker room on game day.
  
It makes it a little easier to stomach since a Manning will be opposing those Patriots. Eli Manning will try and his lead his Giants to three straight wins over New England, and will be trying to win his second Super Bowl. Before the season started, Eli called himself an elite quarterback, and many people scoffed at this (including me). However, he has proven several times this year that he is truly one of the best in the NFL. If he wins Super Bowl XLVI he will be considered one of the best quarterbacks ever. 

I will have a more in-depth preview of the game posted next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment